Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Cowboys and Aliens Review






















Its 1875, Cowboys are alive and well and so are bandits and evil men. None of them are more evil then aliens. The film is about Jake Lonergan (Daniel Craig) a man who wakes up in the middle of the desert with an odd feeling and some sort of bracelet on his arm. He goes to the local town and finds out that he is wanted for many different things. Right before he leaves off for jail, spacecrafts come to the town and destroy buildings and take many of the settlers. So with the help of the town and Colonel Woodrow Dolarhyde (Harrison Ford) they must stop and destroy the aliens.

Cowboys and Aliens is a film I wanted to check out since it came up but stuff came up so with nothing that amazing out I finally got my chance to see it. Walking in I was a little nervous because the film got very mixed reviews and I have disliked all of director Jon Favreau films, yes yes I know Iron Man was loved by almost everyone but I am not a fan at all. Who was right the negative reviews or positive.

Cowboys and Aliens I am happy to say is one of the summers best films a true blockbuster. Unlike movies such as Transformers and even Harry Potter to a certain extent, I could not just stop being amazed on what was going on the screen. The film is just so cool and that may sound unprofessional but I felt like a little kid watching a movie. I was wide eyed and just astonished.

So what makes this different to the terrible Transformers and Battle LA, its the veteran cast that knows how to act. Daniel Craig is one of my favorite actors and Hollywood's best action star in my opinion. He is just pure stone faced awesomeness during the action scenes. The scene that sold this for me is Harrison Ford's character gives him a light shove and Craig punches him square in the face. If you can beat up Han Solo and Indiana Jones your tough. Harrison Ford is having a lot fun in here and you can tell seeing him play the old grumpy character. Olivia Wilde here pulls of the mysterious lady in the town well. The regular cast is playing there same roles like Paul Dano the smarmy man. Also Noah Ringer has very few lines and is told to man up!

The action sequences in the film are phenomenal with the best action I have seen all year. While watching you can tell that Jon put alot of care and money into them and you have to respect that. The scenes were very memorable unlike most of the action films this summer.

One complaint critics have been having with the film is that the cowboys and aliens don't mesh and disagree with that completely. The thing that makes it possible for the Cowboys to beat the Aliens is the fact that the Cowboys are going up against a scout alien ship and not a giant army of aliens.

Overall Cowboys and Aliens is one of the summers best blockbusters.

MUST SEE IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment