Friday, April 22, 2011

2011 First Quarter Report

 So we are already about a fourth into the year so its report card time. Who did the best who did the worst and who was average?

January 

Season of the Witch 


 Going into Season of the Witch I was expecting the worst. The film has been delayed alot and that is never good for a movie (Beastly). With a small 5 percent this looked like a Razzie front runner but when I saw it, it was not that bad. Sure the film had a cheap feel to it and silly, but the chemistry between Nicolas Cage and Ron Perlman was solid and both of them together made for quality entertainment. Also I think that director Dominic Sera did a pretty good job for what he had to work with. So for me this film gets a C- so it would make a good rental.

The Green Hornet: B+


 2011 so far has had alot of action films and comedies and in my opinion this film did a better job then any other film in the same genre so far. The Green Hornet is just a blast of fun with tons of great action scenes and moments from Jon Chou and Seth Rogen is at his best as The Green Hornet. Also Christoph Waltz is solid as the villain and there is a cameo in the begging that made me laugh alot. Overall The Green Hornet is a blast of fun, I give it a solid B+ and I am sad to see very few people liked it.

The Dilemma: D


 To me the Dilemma is just a really boring film. The film lacked any sense of humor even thought it stared funny man Vince Vaughn and thought to be funny man Kevin James. The film also dosent really have a solid tone has it flip flops every minuet with a tone. Is it a comedy or a drama, pick one dont flip flop. I do not know why Ron Howard would choose this movie and its bad script but he did and he could not save it. I am giving The Dilemma a D that is just so close from a failure grad for the film. 

Now onto February

Just Go With It: F


 Just Go With It is just a lazy cash grab by the terrible actor director tandem of Adam Sandler and Dennis Dugan. This movie doesn't have one moment that is funny or likable instead the film is boring and mean spirited. I thought Sandler's last film Grown Ups had some decent moments but here there is nothing for any of the actors to do. I truly like Sandler, but he is really starting to get in my nerves with all of his crappy films coming out. Overall this film gets a F  becuase it is a huge fail for everyone involved.

I am Number Four: C+


 I am Number Four is surprisingly a decent film but it still has its flaws. The film acctuly had a good cast with Timothy Olyphant, Alex Pettyfer, and Teresa Palmer who is the hilight of the film as bad ass Number 6. The film also has alot of good action scenes including a fantastic climax that uses every penny of the films 60 million dollar budget. Even if the film had alot of cliches and a bad love story, I enjoyed the film. I give I am Number Four a solid C+ so depending on what you think of the film see it at a matine price or a rental.

Big Mommas: Like Father Like Son: F
 

 Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! This movie sucks bad! FUCK THIS FILM. IT GETS AN F FOR A FAILURE.

Last but not least March 

The Adjustment Bureau: A+

                                                                                                                                                                                     For me, The Adjustment Bureau is the best film that I have seen so far this year. To me this is a surprisingly different thriller that focused more on the love story then the whole fate storyline. Matt Damon and Emily Blunt had absoulty fantastic chemistry together and I really cared for them. Also the films cinematography is brilliant has they perfectly betrayed New York City. Near the end when they opened the door portals, my jaw dropped at the wonderment of the imagery. Overall I am going to give this film an A+ and this will definitely be on my best of list.

Battle: Los Angeles: B-

                                                                                                                                                                                     Battle: Los Angeles is not the movie it should have been, but it is still a fun popcorn flick. The visuals in the film are defiantly impressive especially near the end when there is a final standoff. The film is nicely directed by Johnathon Liesban who really makes it seem like a war film with aliens as the villains then a scifi action film. The film is nicely lead by Aaron Eckhart who does a good job but the rest of the cast was average at best. Overall I give the film a B- becuase it had its moments with some fun moments but it is overall disappointing.

Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules: B


 Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules is by no means perfect, but I found this new Wimpy Kid film very entertaining and surprisingly made me laugh. I thought that the two brothers Greg (Zachary Gordon) and Rodrick (Devon Bostick) have a great chemistry as they both were very convincing as brothers. Also Steve Zahn did a fantastic job as the father who perfectly over acted. Overall, Diary of a Wimpy Kid won win an Oscar but it is a very entertaining heart warming film and I am going to give it a B.

 So what do you think of my report card? Whats yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment