Monday, May 30, 2011

"Kung Fu Panda 2": Movie Review by, JJPhel (It Sucks!)




"Kung Fu Panda 2"


Voices of: Jack Black, Angelina Jolie, Dustin Hoffman, Jackie Chan, Seth Rogen, Gary Oldman
Director: Jennifer Yuh Nelson
Genres: Action/Adventure, Comedy, Kids, Animation
Rated:

Synopsis: Po is now living his dream as The Dragon Warrior, protecting the Valley of Peace alongside his friends and fellow kung fu masters, The Furious Five. But Po's new life of awesomeness is threatened by the emergence of a formidable villain, who plans to use a secret, unstoppable weapon to conquer China and destroy kung fu. He must look to his past and uncover the secrets of his mysterious origins; only then will Po be able to unlock the strength he needs to succeed




Animation is an art form that can be bias, the annual belief to some is that if it's a kids movie, hey it has to be good. That's not the case with "Kung Fu Panda 2". Now I'm telling you right now, do not go by this review for your opinion of the film. The overall consensus s seems to be that this film is fantastic! I didn't kind much of it, and I disliked it to a tea.

I want to start off by saying that the first one was worse than this one. I really disliked every character, thought that some were there just for the sake of being there. The main character Po, was the stupidest, lamebrained, clumsy idiot in any animated film I had seen that year, 2008, and the action scenes compared to everything else was just in the middle, nothing special, and don't tell me that it is just because a panda a few animals are in the mix, then go see "Alpha and Omega", same doesn't apply right? The story was all over the place, the one thing I really wanted to know was "How the fuck can a panda be the son of a duck!", but sadly that was never answered. Overall with the abundance of animated films, CG animated films at that, "Kung Fu Panda", was just in the crowd, nothing special, and pretty wasteful.

Now I'll review "Kung Fu Panda 2"!

Plot: Basically this one picks up where the last one left off, the fatass panda, is living what he always wanted. Then the plot turns into the most cliché, convelouted series of events. Gary Oldman's character wants to destroy the masterful, martial art form that has been around for many years, kung fu. Yes. To add on the that very high goal, he wants to rule China. The whole film pretty much consists of Po trying to find is inner self to face the evil that shadows him, and that is a very overused plot. I thought maybe, just maybe they would so something totally new, and different, but my thoughts were diminished as I saw the same movie as the first in my head playing as this one. Nothing special, like the first.




Acting: Let me be the first to say I hate Jack Black, a lot, and this film didn't do much still, as I sat there
watching the typical Jack Black, just as a panda. There isn't much to these characters, the best character was Gary Oldman's character, and everyone else was just in the background. The biggest surprise for me in this one, and the last was that Angeline
Jolie was in it, and no one made a big deal of it, and her character was wasteful in both films. You may say this is nitpicking, but if you want to nitpick it to death, well there's plenty to nitpick. Every new character has nothing to do, so I don't have much to say. This film is in the same situation as "Toy Story 3" where there was a onslaught of new characters, but nothing was done with them except for about three. This is in the same region. There are new characters that have shit to do. Jack Black is the only one I can really talk about. Jack Black is the same in this as the first. With that said, he's annoying, clumsy, and pretentious.


Visuals: The best part of the film by far, had to be the visual aspect. However with that, it has it's own tint than the first. It has a more realistic tone, and look to it. The first looked a bit to animated this looks real, but that doesnbt take away from the rest, which is less than stellar. Quite honestly there isn't much to say here about the visual element of the film. It's pretty easy Dreamworks + Kung Fu + orange/red tint + cool looking China visuals = "Kung Fu Panda 2" visuals.



Overall: Overall "Kung Fu Panda 2", lacks the fun, and interest in the film as some other Dreamworks films, and Pixar films. I have been notorious to many on Spill to be the only person who "hates" this movie. I do. I cannot stand the incompetence of the film's style, character, plot, and inconvience. This isn't the worst film of all time, no is it the worst animated film of all time, absolutely not. However when people tell me it's god, because "its a kids movie what do you expect", no that's not a good argument. Not every CG animated kids film is good. Go watch "Hoodwinked 2", and tell me that's good. "Kung Fu Panda 2" isn't special. Dreamworks your movie sucks......bitch...


"Kung Fu Panda 2"




Now the question is, would I recommend this movie. Let me say if all that I've said in this review doesn't protain to you than this is you'r film. If what I've said corralates to you, than do not see this movie, because you'll walk out as I did saying "Fuck!"........It's as simple as that.


Note: I didn't care to see this film in 3D
Click Here For "Kung Fu Panda 2" Official Site

No comments:

Post a Comment