Monday, May 30, 2011

Matt's Hangover 2 Review



Directed by Todd Phillips
Written by Todd Phillips and Daniel Goldberg
Starring Bradley Copper, Ed Helms, Zach Galifiankis, and Ken Jeong

 The wolf pack is back for Stu's (Ed Helms) wedding.  The boys all travel (Bradley Copper, Zach  Galifiankis and even Justin Bartha) to Thailand. After a dinner the boys including his wife Lauren (Jamie Chung's) little brother Teddy (Mason Lee son of director Ang Lee) go on the beach  and have a bear to celebrate. Then it happens, again.
 The wolf pack wake up as hungover as ever. This time they lost Teddy in Bangkok and the men now have to trace there steps and find Teddy in time for Stu's wedding. So what did I think of this film. I thought it was overall a stale sequel that adds nothing new.
 Hangover 2 truly made me numb. I sat through the films 95 minuets only laughing a small total of three times and overall did not give a crap what happened to the characters. Whats even worse is the trailer pretty much gives away what happens to them and that takes out a few laughs of the film.
 The cast of the film is huge with tons of big name stars. The main three guys (Helms Copper and Galifiankis) all feel like they were sleep walking through there parts. They pretty much did the same thing that they did in the first movie but take out the humor of it all. A light note in the cast is Paul Giamatti and Nick Cassavetes in there small roles. I thought when they came in the film they added a lot of energy that I thought that the main cast was missing.
 Going in to see the film, people kept telling me is much darker but overall the film shock humor did not shock me one bit. The film like I said just seems extremely repetitive. I honestly think that if Todd Phillips wants to make a sequel, they are going to either have alot more cameos or add Justin Bartha who can be very funny with the Wolf Pack. In this film he just stands around so I hope in the sequel Phillips adds a new character and gets more orgianl with the jokes.
 So overall Hangover 2 is stale boring and overall not a lot of fun. I say everybody should skip the film and see Kung Fu Panda 2 instead. I give the film a rating of.

1.5/4 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment