Saturday, July 2, 2011

The Best of 2011......so far

 2011 is already halfway over so its time to give out some awards. Now I will focus on the good in 2011 and soon I will review the bad. Lets get started.

Most underrated film 


Drive Angry                     Arthur                              The Green Lantern                  
                            


Explaining the nominees.


 This category is to honor the films that I liked that got bad to terrible reviews by the critics, In picking the winner I ruled in which one I enjoyed the most and which had the worst reviews by critics that I liked.

The Winner is 
                                                                The Green Lantern

 I choose the Green Lantern because it was the second worst reviewed film and I enjoyed it alot. The winner really came between Drive Angry and The Green Lantern but since Drive Angry had a much higher rating on Rotten Tomatoes (45 percent for Drive Angry 27 percent for Green Lantern) I gave the edge to the Green Lantern. I recommend all of the nominations check them out if you can.

Most anticipated film of 2011's second half

Sherlock Holmes 2      The Adventures of        Mission Impossible
                                     Tin Tin                          4












Explaining the nominees 

 This category is to honor the films I am most looking foreword to. Here I weighed in the previous films, any clips or trailers that were released, and the casts.

The winner is 
                                                                Mission Impossible 4

Choosing the winner for this award came down to two films that come out on the same week, Sherlock Holmes 2 and Mission Impossible 4. Dont get me wrong, I am looking foreword to the other nominations alot it just one having a few things that worry me (Tin Tin's animation.) I choose Mission Impossible because it came down to the trailer which was spectacular and Sherlock Holmes has not yet release a trailer.

Funnest movie 

The Green Hornet             Fast 5                                Drive Angry           
                   

Explaining the nominees 

 This award is for all of the films where you could just turn your brain off and have a fun time. The criteria was pretty simple I just picked the film I had the most fun watching.

The Winner is  
                                                                   The Green Hornet 

 What a way to start of the year 2011 with just a film that was a load of fun. It was such a pleasure to watch this film it had me laughing throughout and had some really cool action. I just love to see films like this come out in the baron because it just puts me in the summer mood.

Best performance by an Actor

James McAvoy                   Steve Coogan                     Jake Gyllenhaal           

       Steve Coogan Picture             

X-Men First Class             The Trip                        Source Code        

Explaining the nominees 

 This one is pretty basic I choose what I thought was the best performance of 2011 so far.

The winner is 
                                                                  Jake Gyllenhaal 
Source Code

 So far in 2011 there has been plenty of fantastic performances. I think Gyllenhaal had a career defining performance. He showed alot of things that I have not seem for him before. I think Gyllenhaal could get Oscar notice for his outstanding performance.

Best performance by an Actress

Jennifer Lawrence               Michelle Monaghan                Elle Fanning                
       Elle Fanning Actress Elle Fanning arrives at THINKFilm's screening of "Phoebe in Wonderland" held at the Writers Guild Theater on March 1, 2009 in Beverly Hills, California.  (Photo by Alberto E. Rodriguez/Getty Images) *** Local Caption *** Elle Fanning  

X-Men First Class               Source Code                     Super 8                           

Explaining the nominees 

 Like best actor I picked what I thought was the best performance by an actress that simple.

The winner is
                                                             Jennifer Lawrence 
   
X-Men First Class

This was by far the best performance by anyone this year. Lawrence fresh off her Oscar gives a fantastic performance and adds a lot of character to Mystique.

Best Director 

Matthew Vaughn             Duncan Jones               Jenifer Yuh Nelson
                 Jennifer Yuh Nelson Director Jennifer Yuh Nelson attends the Premiere of DreamWorks Animation's "Kung Fu Panda 2" at Mann's Chinese Theatre on May 22, 2011 in Hollywood, California.
X-Men First Class            Source Code                  Kung Fu Panda 2

Explaining the nominees 

 This category honors the directors that incorporated the best visuals, story, emotion and human quality. These three did it the best but only one can win.

The winner is 
                                                               Matthew Vaughn 
X-Men First Class

This is an easy choice for me. Matthew Vaughn took a franchise that was down in the dumps and just revived it completely. Just a fantastic job by him.

LAST BUT NOT LEAST Best Picture

X-Men First Class         Source Code                  The Trip
X-Men First Class Poster             

AND THE WINNER IS 

 

The battle between X-Men First Class and Source Code is the tightest battle of any of these awards. I give both four stars but the thing is Source Code is the first film of 2011 to make me cry which gave it the advantage.

No comments:

Post a Comment