Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Cars 2 Preview



Rated G
Studio Pixar/Disney Studios
Directed by John Lasseter
Written by Brad Lewis ,John Lasseter, and Dan Fogelman  
Starring Owen Wilson, Larry "the cable guy", Michael Caine, and Jason Issac

 Welcome to my first preview and why not Cars 2. This will primarily be about my expectations for the film so, lets get rolling.

 Cars 2 is only the second time the great Pixar has made a sequel. The first Cars was positively reviewed by for most critics and people, it is the worst film Pixar has made.  For the new one Pixar is going away from Route 66 and now taking the spy route. Compared to the first, this is a very odd jump as these race cars would become spies?

 At first I was very scared for the film. I mean spy cars really? Then when Pixar released more trailers I got more and more excited and hopefully that it would be fun. You still got the races as Lighting goes for a world grand pix that he is competing in. The film takes place in three different environments which in the trailer there is some great visuals from places like Japan.

 From the trailer one thing that I dont like is the film seems like they are giving us more of Matter. In the first film, I found him quite annoying after awhile. He is just there to please little kids making cringe inducing jokes that only a five year old would like. I did like that they put him a bit on a leash in the first, but this one sadly will use him much more.

 As of now, Rotten Tomatoes is giving the film a mixed rating of 52%. Personally, I am hopeful walking into the film, I expect it to be alot of cool visuals and action but not the same heart that other Pixar films have that make them so great. I predict a rating of

2.5/4 Stars


No comments:

Post a Comment