Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Cars 2 is an ok ride.



Directed by John Lasseter
Written by  Brad Lewis, John Lasseter, and Dan Fogelman
Starring Owen Wilson, Larry "the cable guy", Michael Caine, and Jason Issac


 Well its taken me awhile to finally get my review out because I have been mixed on the film. When I first walked out of the film I thought that it was fun but definitely Pixar's worst. The more I think about it the more I think about great films like Toy Story and Monsters Inc. I then realized that Pixar was not trying one bit to make a good movie, but more of a lazy effort.


 No, Pixar can never make a bad movie? I am not saying that, they just made an average film which has to say something about Pixar how even there worst effort is worth watching. Perhaps not in a theater but still watchable. Now lets get into more detail about this.


 The reason this film fails in a way is Larry the Cable Guy. He is just so annoying and seems like someone Lighting would have to babysit. The fact that we ever have do feel bad for Matter is ridiculous because all he does is ruin things. That is why the usual Pixar emotional moment does not work because I never believed there were friends at all.


 That whole story arc reminds me of the raunchy Due Date in which there is the regular guy and the annoying guy The formula is used very often and usual ends with a bonding expedience but it never works except for Planes, Trains and Automobiles. Its just hard to every feel after all of the annoying stuff the character does.


 Another thing is the film is a bit messy trying to have both the racing and all of the spy stuff. The film is only an hour and thirty-four minuets and it just feels very unorganized. I think if they wanted to make the film right they would just stick with the spy stuff and leave the racing alone because trying to have both does not work.


 Now time to get to the good because there is good. The film is beautiful not Pixar's best looking film but certainly up there. The 3D adds a nice effect but I wish Pixar would use it to effect a bit more. The race sequences are the moment the 3D shines as it is very fast paced and gets you into the action.


 Everybody in the cast does a good job except for the Cable Guy. The Toy Story short before the film was alot of fun and nice to see some of my favorite characters form the classic series. 


So in total Cars 2 has some good and some bad. So for my rating I give Cars 2 a split rating of.


2 out 4 Stars



No comments:

Post a Comment